Laser Skin Resurfacing Milwaukee
Improve the Look and Feel of Your Skin
The goal of laser skin resurfacing at our Milwaukee-area practice is to improve the look and feel of your skin. This is accomplished by gently removing the outermost, damaged layer of skin to reveal the healthier layer underneath. At Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery serving Pewaukee, Waukesha, Brookfield and Milwaukee, we use laser skin resurfacing for a variety of skin conditions, including sun damage, age spots, discoloration and acne.
How Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Work?
Laser skin resurfacing can be used on almost any part of your body. At our location in Pewaukee, we have various modalities for laser skin resurfacing, depending on the treatment being done:
- Pigmented and Vascular Lesions
- For the treatment of pigmented and vascular lesions on the face — as well as the arms, chest and other large areas — we use the LuxG and LuxV, part of the StarLux platform by Palomar. This intense pulsed light (IPL) process clears sunspots, age spots, rosacea, telangiectasias, skin discoloration and other conditions.
- Treating a pigmented lesion with the pulsed light heats the melanin. The damaged lesion is then naturally sloughed as the skin exfoliates. Similar results are seen in the treatment of vascular lesions. The absorption of the light and the thermal action inside the blood vessels contribute to the degeneration and disappearance of any visible vessels.
- The Palomar LuxV dual-band handpiece employs a blue spectrum of light that is absorbed by organic compounds, called porphyrins, that live inside the acne bacteria. The light "excites" the porphyrins, causing them to damage the bacteria wall and effectively killing the bacteria. The treatment is relatively simple and consists of four to five sessions over a two-week period. Acne outbreaks are reduced for approximately four to six months following this series of treatments.
- Fine Wrinkles
- We use LuxIR fractional treatments to send laser energy into your skin's deeper layers of collagen, causing the treated areas to coagulate. Your body’s natural processes will then remove this coagulated collagen and lay down fresh collagen to replace it. This results in a tightening of the skin.
- During the procedure, you will feel an initial cooling of the skin, followed by a deep heat, and then another cooling period. Several treatments are usually required for optimum results. Results usually take about three months to become fully apparent. LuxIR fractional treatments are commonly used on the face, neck, upper arms and abdomen, although the procedure can be performed on other areas, as well.
- Skin Rejuvenation
- The microbeams in the Palomar Lux1540 penetrate deeper (up to 1.5 mm) than other devices, creating a greater volume of new tissue. The laser aims at the target area and then coagulates the affected tissue. The cellular debris is either transdermally eliminated or replaced with new collagen as the skin is rejuvenated.
- This laser skin resurfacing treatment is performed in our Pewaukee office with, at most, topical numbing creams. The procedure involves little to no downtime. Some redness may be noted for the first day, and there may be some mild swelling for a few days following the treatment. Recovery is much quicker than traditional CO2 laser or non-fractional erbium laser peels.
What are Pewaukee Laser Skin Resurfacing Costs?
Because there are many options for laser skin resurfacing, the cost will rely on which treatment is being done. Our Pewaukee laser skin resurfacing prices are typically determined on a case-by-case basis. Please come into the Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery office for a scheduled appointment, and we can discuss the costs in more detail.
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Most adults who are in good, overall health are good candidates for laser skin resurfacing. However, your skin color and type, as well as your age, can influence whether one treatment method is better for you than another. When you come in for your laser skin resurfacing consultation in Pewaukee, we will talk about your objectives for the procedure and perform a complete evaluation.
If you are considering laser skin resurfacing please contact our Milwaukee-area practice today. We are dedicated to serving our patients throughout the region, including Pewaukee, Milwaukee and Waukesha.