As the signs of aging become more pronounced, drooping jowls and deep creases can make you unhappy with your appearance.
A facelift procedure can safely and effectively treat sagging skin and facial wrinkles in the mid and lower area of the face.
At Lake Country Plastic & Hand Surgery in Waukesha, WI, our board-certified plastic surgeon achieves beautiful and natural-looking results.
Facelift Before and After Pictures
Dr. McCall and her nurse Kristen were the best! I had been bounced around from doctor to doctor and they took care of me right away! Calm environment, very nice and professional staff. It was a joy to be a patient with them. Would recommend any day.View on Google
Dr. McCall was fabulous when I need a breast reduction. She talked to me and told me what was going to happen and what recovery was going to be like, so I had no surprises. I am throughly impressed and very happy.View on Google
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Time, gravity and exposure to the sun and elements can cause your facial skin to lose its elasticity. There are several important areas of fat beneath your skin that help provide normal contour to your face. As the skin sags, these fat pads fall out of position, which causes prominent folds and jowls to develop.
It is important to remember that a rhytidectomy can't change your fundamental appearance, nor can it stop the aging process. But if you are bothered by the signs of aging on your face and have realistic expectations about surgery, a facelift by Dr. McCall may be a good choice for you. This operation can help improve the following:
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Deep creases extending along the nose to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or is displaced
- Jowls caused by loss of muscle tone
- Loose skin and extra fat under the chin and jaw
Many patients choose to combine their facelift with a neck lift, eyelid surgery, or forehead lift to improve their overall results.
The Facelift Procedure
Our facelifts are done as outpatient surgeries, meaning you will return home the day of your procedure.
The Facelift Recovery Process
When you visit our Waukesha, WI, practice, serving the greater Milwaukee, WI, area, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of post-surgical instructions. Some of these include:
- You must stop smoking for at least three weeks prior to and three weeks after the surgery.
- You will be advised to keep your head elevated for the first few days after surgery.
- You can expect some swelling that may take four to 12 weeks to disappear, depending on the technique used.
- Bruising may develop and last for two to three weeks.
- The majority of our facelift patients are able to go out in public with make-up after about 10 to 14 days.