Beauty Uncovered: Laser Skin Resurfacing Candidates
At Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery, we proudly offer a full range of non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatments, including state-of-the-art laser skin resurfacing. Our Palomar StarLux platform is one of the most versatile laser platforms in all of medicine, allowing us to provide safe, effective treatment for a variety of skin blemishes, including pigmented and vascular lesions, acne, and fine wrinkles. For patients who desire more comprehensive skin rejuvenation, the microbeams in the Palomar Lux1540 penetrate deeper than any other laser platform on the market, while allowing for quicker recovery than traditional CO2 or non-fractional erbium laser peels.
Although laser skin resurfacing is generally safe and effective, not all patients are equally good candidates for the procedure. Dr. Tracy E. McCall wants her patients to be completely satisfied with their results; therefore, she carefully screens laser skin resurfacing candidates at our Milwaukee, WI plastic surgery practice to ensure they will fully benefit from the procedure. If Dr. McCall feels that a patient would be better served by an alternative procedure, she informs him or her of this honestly and openly. Ultimately, there is nothing more important to Dr. McCall and her team than the comfort, safety, and overall satisfaction of our valued patients.
Are you a good candidate for laser skin resurfacing? To find out, please schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Tracy E. McCall at Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery today.
Candidacy for Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing can be used to treat virtually any area of the body where the skin has suffered significant damage. It is intended for patients with moderate to severe skin imperfections as the Palomar laser system is able to target deeper layers of the skin. The goal of laser skin resurfacing is not only to remove the damaged upper layers of skin, but also to stimulate the production of new collagen and address textural problems. Patients with only minor skin damage may be better suited to microdermabrasion, a less intensive treatment that addresses superficial skin damage.
The best candidates for laser skin resurfacing include those who:
- Are in good overall health.
- Have supple, elastic skin.
- Are not prone to scarring or bruising.
- Have undergone more conservative skin rejuvenation treatments such as microdermabrasion to reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles, acne scars, and other skin blemishes without achieving satisfactory results.
- Have realistic expectations of what can be achieved through non-surgical laser skin rejuvenation, which Dr. McCall will help to establish during the consultation.
- Have lighter-toned skin, which responds better in general to laser treatments.
- Have skin that is not overly oily.
- Are willing and able to follow all post-treatment instructions provided to them by Dr. McCall to ensure proper and timely healing and the best possible results.
Learn More about Laser Skin Resurfacing
If you would like to find out whether you are a good candidate for laser skin resurfacing, we urge you to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Tracy E. McCall by contacting Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery today.