The Pros and Cons of Getting Large Breast Implants
At Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery, patients throughout the Milwaukee area can count on Dr. Tracy McCall to give them the information that they need about breast augmentation surgery, including insight into selecting the best implant size and shape.
Obviously if you're interested in undergoing breast augmentation surgery, you want to increase the size of your breasts and have a curvier overall figure in the process. Yet while getting large breast implants is often ideal, sometimes there's a difference between large and too large. There are many factors that go into creating an ideal breast augmentation surgery, and size is just one facet of the process to keep in mind.
The Advantages of Getting Large Breast Implants
The advantages of getting large breast implants are as follows:
- Dramatic Enhancement of Breast Size and Shape - If you get large breast implants placed during an augmentation surgery, you will experience a dramatic boost in breast size and change in overall shape as well. These may achieve the precise results you were looking for.
- Curvier Figure and More Effeminate Frame - With large breast implants, you won't just be boosting breast size, but you will also be enhancing your other curves. Large breast implants can have a major effect on your overall body contour and curves.
The Disadvantages of Getting Large Breast Implants
The disadvantages of getting large breast implants are as follows:
- Increased Risk of Complications - When you have very large breast implants, there is a greater risk of implant ruptures as well as a condition known as breadloafing, which refers to the two implants merging together rather than having space between them.
- Results May Appear Unnatural - Trying to make results appear proportionate is very important, and when patients get breast implants that are too large, sometimes the results simply look unnatural and unappealing.
- Greater Likelihood of Revision Procedures in the Future - The weight of large breast implants can lead to drooping and sagging of the breasts over time. A condition known as bottoming out may also occur, which involves the implant slipping beneath the pocket created for it along the underside of the breast. These issues will require a future cosmetic procedure to address and revise.
Other Factors to Consider Apart from Implant Size
Apart from the size of the breast implants, the following can have a major impact on the results of surgery:
- Breast implant profile
- Breast implant shape
- Breast implants placement
Tailoring the Surgery to Suit Your Needs and Goals
During the consultation process, we will carefully consider the various factors that may affect the overall quality of your breast augmentation procedure. We will inform you of all of your options in full detail before going forward with any procedure so that you can make a wise and informed decision about the surgical process.
Contact Lake Country Plastic and Hand Surgery
If you would like more information about breast augmentation surgery and how we can help you achieve a more appealing and effeminate figure, be sure to schedule a consultation at our cosmetic plastic surgery center today. Dr. Tracy McCall will work closely with you to ensure that your surgery is perfectly suited to your needs.